Irish War Memorials Sites
- Ballymena: http://www.freewebs.com/snake43/index.htm
- Bandon: http://homepage.tinet.ie/~bandonparish/index.htm.
- Belfast: http://www.niwarmemorial.org/
- Clare (North) World War One Dead: http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/history/soldiers/north_clare_soldiers.htm
- Dublin: http://homepage.eircom.net/~wlawless/ww1.htm
- Irish seamen of World War II: http://www.irishships.com/memorial_to_the_irish_seamen.html
- Kildare: http://www.athyheritagecentre-museum.ie/worldwar1/
- Kilkenny: https://www.facebook.com/KilkennyTheGreatWar1914to18
- Mayo: http://www.mayopeacepark.ie/
- Portadown: http://www.portadownphotos.freehomepage.com/war_memorial-portadown.htm
- Ulster: http://www.ulsterwarmemorials.net/index.html
- Waterford: http://www.waterfordcountylibrary.ie/library/web/Display/article/4/?lang=en
Memorials to victims of conflict in Northern Ireland
War Memorial Sites Elsewhere
- Australia: http://www.skp.com.au/memorials2/default.htm
- Canadian Virtual War Memorial: http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/remembers/sub.cfm?source=collections/virtualmem
- New Zealand Armed Forces Memorial Project: http://www.nullus-anxietas.com/nzafmp/
- War Memorials Archive (formerly the United Kingdom National Inventory of War Memorials): http://www.ukniwm.org.uk
- War Memorials Online: http://www.warmemorialsonline.org.uk/
- West Berkshire, England: http://www.westberkshirewarmemorials.org.uk
War Graves Websites
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission: http://www.cwgc.org
This website gives details of the graves, or memorials to those who have no known grave, of those killed while serving with British and Empire/Commonwealth forces during World Wars I and II. Search is by surname (family name) and initials. Read very carefully the advice given about searching under 'Help'. When putting in initials, for example, use two at the most, without full stops (periods) and with a space between them. The 'Nationality' is that of the service in which the person served , not his/her own nationality. Irish people serving in World War II, for example, are included in British, Australian, Canadian or other categories, depending on the unit in which they served.
- Geoff's Search Engine: http://www.hut-six.co.uk/cgi-bin/search14-21.php
This site allows searches of the CWGC database of WW I graves by other criteria than name. E.g. all those in a named regiment killed on a particular date can be found, or all those from a particular district.
- The War Graves Photographic Project: http://twgpp.org/index.php
This project aims to photograph every headstone and monument in the C.W.G.C. cemeteries. Copies are provided for a fee.
- Dublin Casualties of World War I: http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/research/WW1&localparams=1
- Connaught Rangers Association: http://www.connaughtrangersassoc.com
- Leinster Regiment Association: http://www.leinster-regiment-association.org.uk/index.html
- North Irish Horse: http://northirishhorse.net/
- Royal Dublin Fusiliers Association: http://www.greatwar.ie/
- Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers: http://www.inniskilling.com/
- Royal Irish Regiment (18th Regiment of Foot) Association: http://www.firstandlast.ie/
- Royal Munster Fusiliers Association: http://rmfa92.org
- South Irish Horse: http://southirishhorse.com/
- Yorkshire Regiment: http://www.ww1-yorkshires.org.uk/html-files/war-memorials.htm
Military History Websites
- The Military Heritage of Ireland Trust: http://www.Irishsoldiers.com
A site concerned with the study and commemoration of Irish people who served in military forces wherever in the world, and for whatever country or cause.
- The Military History Society of Ireland: http://www.mhsi.ie
- The 16th Irish Division: http://freespace.virgin.net/sh.k/xvidiv.html
- The War Dead of North Down and Ards: http://www.barryniblock.co.uk
- The R.M.S. Leinster website: www.rmsleinster.com
- The Western Front Association: http://www.westernfrontassociation.com
An association concerned mainly with the western front on WW I, which publishes a journal, "Stand To!" Many links to other sites.
- The Gallipoli Association: http://gallipoli-association.org/default.asp
- The Great War Forum: http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums
A forum for discussion of anything relating to this war. There are so many experts in this forum that any query is almost always answered.
- The long, long trail: http://www.1914-1918.net
The story of the British army in WW I. Many links to other sites.
- World War II talk: http://www.ww2talk.com/forum/
This forum deals with all aspects of this war, with experts who can answer almost any query
- The Korean War Project: http://www.koreanwar.org/
American forces in the Korean War.
- National Archives, Republic of Ireland: http://www.nationalarchives.ie/
- There are also links to other genealogy websites at: http://www.nationalarchives.ie/genealogy/links.html
- National Archives, Northern Ireland: http://www.proni.gov.uk/
- National Archives, U.K.: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
- World War I Document Archive: http://wwi.lib.byu.edu/index.php/Main_Page
- University of Birmingham Centre for First World War Studies: http://www.warstudies.bham.ac.uk/firstworldwar/index.shtml
- Crestleaf: http://crestleaf.com/blog/70-resources-finding-irish-ancestors/
- Cyndi's List: Ireland and Northern Ireland: http://www.cyndislist.com/uk/irl
- Irish Family History Centre: https://www.irishfamilyhistorycentre.com/
- Irish Genealogy: http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/index.html
- Irish Genealogical Research Sciety: http://www.igrsoc.org/
- Military Genealogy: http://www.military-genealogy.com/
- Northern Ireland Family History Society: http://www.nifhs.org/index.htm
- Roots Ireland: http://www.rootsireland.ie/
- History at home: guide to genealogy: http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.History-at-Home-A-Guide-to-Genealogy.17370.html